Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Wendy Joan Williams-Hunter
Born in: Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey
Famous as: TV Host, Actress, Fashion Designer, Author
Spouse/Ex-: Kevin Hunter (m. 1997)
father: Thomas Williams Sr.
mother: Shirley Williams
children: Kevin Hunter Jr.
U.S. State: New Jersey
education: Ocean Township High School, Northeastern University
Wendy Williams is a well-known TV host, actress, fashion designer, author, and former radio personality. She is best recognized for hosting the nationally syndicated talk show on television called ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ since 2008. Prior to entering the television industry, she served as a radio DJ and became popular in New York as a "shock jockette". Despite her popularity, Williams has also earned notoriety for her on-air spats with several celebrities! She is also a successful author. She has written six books along with a New York Times best-selling autobiography. As a fashion designer, she has launched many product lines including a wig line, a fashion line and a jewelry collection. She is a graduate of Northeastern University. Married to Kevin Hunter since 1997, she is the mother of one child. To mark her 50th birthday, the council of Asbury Park renamed the road on which Williams grew up to Wendy Williams Way. In February 2018, she disclosed publically that she is suffering from Graves' disease.
- Wendy Williams started her career in radio as a host for WVIS in Virgin Islands in the United States. In 1989, she started serving as a substitute disc jockey at urban contemporary WRKS (at present WEPN-FM) in New York City. In December 1994, she was switched to the company's other New York property, hip-hop formatted WQHT, after Emmis Broadcasting purchased WRKS.Williams then went on to work with a Philadelphia-based station called WUSL. In 2001 she began serving WBLS. By 2008, she was syndicated in Shreveport, Louisiana; Redondo Beach, California; Wilmington, Delaware; Columbia, South Carolina; and Toledo, Ohio among other markets. Williams finally left her radio career in 2009.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowTelevision Career
- Wendy Williams first appeared on television in the 1992 series ‘Martin’. She then hosted the morning show ‘Good Day New York’ in 2007. The following year, she began hosting her talk show ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ that debuted in four cities. After a successful run, Fox decided to broadcast the show nationally. In addition, in 2010, BET began airing the show internationally in about 54 countries. Williams next appeared in the soap opera ‘One Life to Live’ and Lifetime network’s ‘Drop Dead Diva’ in 2011. That year, she also appeared as a contestant in ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ The American beauty also hosted the game show ‘Love Triangle’ the same year.Soon after this, she launched her own television production company called Wendy Williams Productions. In 2014, Williams served as an executive producer of the shows ‘Celebrities Undercover’ and ‘Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B’. In September 2015, a documentary series titled ‘Death By Gossip with Wendy Williams’ was premiered on the Investigation Discovery channel. This series was both hosted and produced by her.Recommended Lists:
- Wendy Williams acted in the screen adaptation of Steve Harvey's popular book ‘Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man’ called ‘Think Like a Man’ in 2012. She then went on to appear in its sequel, ‘Think Like a Man Too’ that was released in 2014. In 2016, she did the flick ‘Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Theater & Stand-up Comedy
- In 2013, Wendy Williams played Matron "Mama" Morton in the musical ‘Chicago’. The following year, she agreed to participate in Lipshtick’s comedy series at the Venetian in Las Vegas. On July 11, 2014, the American beauty made her sold-out comedy debut. In November that year, she hosted a comedy series titled “How You Laughin” at NJPAC. Soon after this, she began her tour "The Wendy Williams Sit Down Tour: Too Real For Stand-Up”.Recommended Lists:
- Williams, who is a seven-time New York Times best-seller, has published numerous books, including 'Wendy's Got the Heat', 'The Wendy Williams Experience', 'Hold Me in Contempt: A Romance' and 'Ask Wendy: Straight-Up Advice for All the Drama in Your Life'.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowBusiness
- By partnering with the popular Home Shopping Network (HSN), Wendy Williams launched a collection of women’s pants, dresses, sweaters, and skirts. The network also sells her line of jewelry products called "Adorn by Wendy Williams".Personal Life
- Wendy Joan Williams was born on July 18, 1964 in Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey, the USA to Thomas and Shirley Williams. She has two siblings. She graduated from Ocean Township High School. Later, Williams attended Northeastern University in Boston from where she earned a B.A. in communications. Talking about the American beauty’s love life, she was earlier married to a salesperson. Later, she went on to marry her second husband Kevin Hunter. As of now, the couple has a son named Kevin Hunter, Jr.
1. Think Like a Man (2012)
2. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016)
(Romance, Adventure, Comedy)
3. Think Like a Man Too (2014)
4. The Cookout (2004)
How To CiteArticle Title- Wendy Williams BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/wendy-williams-11774.phpLast Updated- July 17, 2018
People Also Viewed