Si Robertson Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Silas Merritt Robertson, Uncle Si
Born in: Vivian, Louisiana
Famous as: Reality Star
Spouse/Ex-: Christine Raney
father: James Harold Robertson
mother: Merritt Robertson
siblings: Harold Gene Robertson, James Francis Robertson, Janice Ellen Robertson Dasher, Phil Alexander Robertson, Thomas Silas Robertson, udith Ann Robertson
children: Scott Merritt Robertson, Trasa Lee Robertson Cobern
U.S. State: Louisiana
education: North Caddo High School, Louisiana Tech University
Si Robertson, also known as “Uncle Si,” is an American TV personality, hunter, preacher, outdoorsman, and retired U.S. Army soldier. He is also a duck-call maker and works for the company Duck Commander. He is best recognized for his appearance on A&E's reality show ‘Duck Dynasty’. He has also appeared in a number of other TV programs. Talking about his early life, Robertson spent his childhood in poverty. He lived in rugged conditions and enjoyed only a few amenities. Just like his brother, he loved playing football and was a part of a local football team. Today, Robertson has emerged as one of the best hunters in the nation. His trademark look that includes his camouflage hat, glasses, and beard is adored by many people. On the personal front, he is a happily married man with two grown children. He is also the proud grandfather of numerous grandchildren.
- After dropping out of the Louisiana Tech University without completing his course, Si Robertson was drafted into the U.S. Army. He served in the army during the Vietnam War and eventually retired in the year 1993 with the rank of Sergeant First Class. Upon retirement, Robertson started serving in his brother Phil's Duck Commander business. Since then, he has been doing the job of fashioning the reeds inserted in every patented duck-call.
- Robertson has made several TV appearances till date. He has been featured in shows like ‘The Duckmen of Louisiana’ and ‘Buck Commander’. He appeared as a main character on the A&E's reality series ‘Duck Dynasty’. He also served as the host on its spin-off ‘Going Si-Ral’ that ran from November 2016 to January 2017. His appearance in ‘Duck Dynasty’ garnered him nationwide fame. His character was one of the most popular ones on the hit show.
- Robertson also has a keen interest in music and formed a band called ‘Uncle Si and The Sicotics.’ Besides himself, the band includes his daughter-in-law Marsha Robertson and Bridgette Tatum in its line-up.
- Si Robertson was born as Silas Merritt Robertson on April 27, 1948 in Vivian, Louisiana, USA to Merritt B. Thurman and James Harold Robertson as one of their seven children. He has four brothers: Jimmy Frank, Tommy, Phil and Harold and two sisters: Jan and Judy.
- Robertson studied at North Caddo High School. He later attended Louisiana Tech University in Ruston. However, he dropped out of the university before completing his degree to join the army.
- Talking about his love life, Robertson has been married to Christine Raney since 1971. The couple has a son named Scott and a daughter named Trasa. They have eight grandchildren as of now. Just like him, Robertson's son has served in the U.S. Army. His nephew Willie Robertson is a well-known TV personality and hunter who also starred in ‘Duck Dynasty.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed