Paulo Londra Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Paulo Ezequiel Londra Farias
Born in: Cordoba
Famous as: Rapper
awards: 2018 - MTV Europe Music Award for Best Latin America South Act
2018 - Martín Fierro Digital Award for Best Musical Artist
2019 - Premio Juventud for New to the USA
But Big at Home
Paulo Londra is an Argentinian rapper. He rose to fame with his first single, ‘Relax,’ released on ‘YouTube.’ The song received more than 35 million views in just 6 months. Born into an ordinary family in Argentina, Londra was attracted to rap music since his childhood days. It was his sister who introduced him to the world of Latin trap and hip-hop music. After watching the movie ‘8 Mile,’ starring rapper Eminem, Londra was greatly inspired to follow in the footsteps of the musician. At the age of 14, he started taking part in battle raps. He made his presence felt in some of the most prestigious rap battles of his time, such as the ‘El Quinto Escalon.’ Londra was noticed due to his slow and smooth delivery of music. After his first single, ‘Relax,’ was accepted by music lovers, Londra was inspired to write more songs. He chose a different style for his lyrics and stayed away from negative images such as drugs, drinks, and violence. His tracks ‘Condenado Para el Millon’ and ‘Nena Maldicion’ were instant successes. Paulo Londra is the third Argentine artist to enter the ‘Billboard Social 50’ chart.
- Paulo Londra was born Paulo Ezequiel Londra Farias, on April 12, 1998, in Cordoba, Argentina. There is no public information available about his parents or his educational qualification. He has an elder sister.
- When Londra was a child, his sister brought home a copy of the movie ‘8 Mile.’ It was a movie about popular white rapper Eminem and the challenges faced by him in establishing a career in the field of rap, which was dominated by African–Americans till then. Eminem performed as the lead character in the movie. Londra was deeply touched by the movie and wished to follow in the footsteps of the singer.
- Paulo Londra stepped into the field of rap and trap music quite early in his life. He started by participating in battle raps held at local squares in Argentina. Gradually, Londra started getting noticed in those circles. By the age of 14, he had begun participating in some of the most prestigious battle raps of Argentina, such as the ‘El Quinto Escalon.’ Londra impressed music lovers with his slow, smooth, and soulful delivery of music. He shifted to hyper speed and back with perfect ease.
- At the age of 18, Londra moved to trap music and quickly mastered it. In January 2017, at the age of 19, Paulo Londra released his first single, ‘Relax.’ Within a month of its release on ‘YouTube,’ the song earned over 10 million views. It acquired 35 million views in 6 months.
- After the success of ‘Relax,’ Londra wrote several single tracks. In 2017, he released songs such as ‘Confiado y Tranquilo,’ ‘Me Tiene Mal,’ and ‘Condenado Para el Millon.’ In 2018, he released a mixtape titled ‘Dimelo,’ compiling all his songs.
- Paulo Londra created his own style in rap music. His songs are known for their slow flow. Against the usual method of rappers, Londra stayed away from themes such as violence, drugs, and insults, while writing his lyrics. His lyrics generated positivity and were accepted by most music lovers. Though a section of hard-core hip-hop lovers criticized Londra for his new style, he was well-received on all social-media platforms.
- In 2018, Londra released the song ‘Nena Maldicion,’ featuring Puerto Rican rapper, Lenny Tavarez. It was a huge success. The same year, he released the song ‘Te Amo’ with the Columbian band ‘Piso 21.’ This song, too, was a huge hit in Latin America.
- In August 2018, Londra released the song ‘Cuando Te Bese’ with American singer Becky G. It was the first song to top the ‘Billboard Argentina Hot 100’ chart. It was featured on number 45 on the ‘Billboard Hot Latin Songs’ chart. The same year, he released the song ‘Adan y Eva.’ This song, too, topped the ‘Billboard Argentina Hot 100’ chart. Thus, Paulo Londra became the only artist to top the chart twice.
- In April 2019, Londra released the song ‘Tal Vez,’ which secured a spot among the top 10 songs on the ‘Billboard Argentina Hot 100’ chart. This was the fifth time that Londra secured a spot in the top 10. His outstanding performances have earned Londra two ‘Gardel Awards’ and several ‘MTV Millennial Award’ nominations.
- Paulo Londra is known to be single. He is active on social-media platforms such as ‘YouTube’ and ‘Instagram.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed