If you were a fan of the television programs of the 1990s, you would have heard about Marni Thompson. She was one of the first Canadian television actresses who made it big on American television and won international fame. She started her acting career at a very young age. She got a lot of encouragement from her family members. Her mother used to accompany her for move shootings. Initially, she got roles in single episodes of the then popular television series like ‘Earth: Final Conflict’ and ‘Code Name: Eternity’. After looking at her good performance in these series, more offers came by her way. She acted in a primary role in the famous television series ‘RoboCop: Prime Directives’. With this role she became one of the mainstream television actresses of her time.
- Even though she did not get any offers to star in movies, it was the movies of another kind which increased her fame. She got opportunities to act in television movies in the year 1999. Two of her television movies, viz. ‘Black and Blue’ and ‘Crime in Connecticut: The Story of Alex Kelly’ that were telecast in 1999 brought her immense stardom. Overnight, she became one of the best loved television actresses on television. That same year, she got a chance to act in the movie, ‘Three to Tango’. The movie went on to become one of the most loved romantic comedy movies by youngsters. ‘Three to Tango’ was also a big commercial success which changed the career graph of all the actors and actresses in it. In the year 2001, Marni Thompson got another big break in her career, when she starred in the famous soap opera called ‘Paradise Falls’. The story was set in the summer cottage community in Central Ontario, Canada. Sex and comedy were the central themes of the soap opera. As she originally hailed from the same place where the plot was set, she could easily immerse herself in the plot. Her familiarity with the locations at which the series was shot and her Canadian slang made her the most prominent character of the show. A total of 104 episodes across three seasons of ‘Paradise Falls’ were telecast between 2001 and 2004.Marni Thompson played the central role in all the episodes of the series.Continue Reading BelowWhat Makes Marni Thompson So Special
- Over her acting career, Marni became one of the most loved actresses on television. Her acting skills along with her charming personality made her special when compared with other Canadian and American actresses. Another major reason which made her special was the kind of characters she played as a loving daughter and sister. Due to this reason, many young girls started to relate themselves with her.Beyond Fame
- Unlike other famous stars, Marni Thompson decided to retire at the peak of her career. Many of her fans were heartbroken when she announced her retirement after the end of ‘Paradise Falls’. She always preferred to stay away from controversies. There were no major controversies regarding her affairs with other stars. She was more of a family woman than an actress even at the height of her career and liked to devote a lot of time to her family despite her busy schedule.Behind theCurtains
- Not much is known about the personal life of Marni Thompson. After acting in a number of television series in USA and Europe, Marni decided to return home and lead a calm life awayfrom the media. She now lives a quiet life with her family in Toronto, Canada. She has two kids and is devoted to being a good mother to them.Trivia
- She acted only in a single movie in her acting career. But it brought her a lot of fame.
How To CiteArticle Title- Marni Thomson BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/marnie-thomson-29486.phpLast Updated- September 17, 2018
People Also Viewed