Marcus Rashford is an English professional footballer. The young footballer scored in his first-team debut at the ‘UEFA Europa League,’ followed by another score in his first ‘Premier League’ against ‘Arsenal’ in February 2016. He continued his streak of scoring in his debut in the ‘Manchester derby match,’ the ‘League Cup,’ and the ‘UEFA Champions League.’ Marcus, the “wonder kid” of the English football league, was a natural at attacking his opponents with powerful shots since an early age. He was only 5 when he started playing the sport, and by the time he was 7, he was already making his way through the academy system of the prestigious club ‘Manchester United.’ He also played for the ‘Under-16,’ the ‘Under-18,’ the ‘Under-20,’ and the ‘Under-21’ international teams before starting his senior career as a forward with ‘Manchester United.’ In May 2016, Marcus also became the youngest player of England to score in his first international match as a senior. His mind-blowing performances in almost all of his matches helped him get selected for the ‘UEFA Euro 2016.’
- Marcus was born on October 31, 1997, in Wythenshawe, Manchester, England. He was raised by his mother, Mel Rashford. He grew up with three brothers and a sister.When he was 5, he joined the ‘Fletcher Moss Rangers,’ a junior football club, and became the center of attention because of his talent. Many of his current teammates, such as Cameron Borthwick–Jackson and Tyler Blackett, also played for the junior football club.During his stint with the ‘Fletcher Moss Rangers,’ Marcus was noticed by a talent scout. At the age of 7, Marcus was enrolled at the academy of the prestigious club ‘Manchester United.’Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Getting enrolled at the academy was a turning point in Marcus’s already flourishing career. In 2015, He was included for the first time in the first-team bench for a ‘Premier League’ match, against ‘Watford,’ which was won by ‘Manchester United.’On February 25, 2016, Marcus had a big opportunity to be part of the ‘UEFA Europa League’ round of 32, after Anthony Martial was injured in the warm-up match. Marcus was a late addition to the team for obvious reasons. Marcus stunned the football world in his first-team debut match when he scored 2 goals in the second half of the match against ‘Midtjylland.’ ‘Manchester United’ won 5–1.The 2 goals scored by Marcus not only led his team to emerge victorious in the game but also made him break the previous record of George Best to become the youngest player ever to score a goal in a European competition.He made his ‘English Premier League’ debut against ‘Arsenal,’ three days later. He ended up scoring 2 goals again and became the third-youngest player in the history of ‘Manchester United’ to achieve this feat, after Federico Macheda and Danny Welbeck. In the same match, Marcus also assisted in scoring another goal that eventually helped his team beat ‘Arsenal’ in a 3–2 home victory.On March 20, 2016, Marcus made his ‘Manchester derby’ debut and became the only goal-scorer of the game. Marcus also became the youngest player to score a goal in the history of ‘Manchester derby.’ Marcus was only 18 years old when he added this feather to his cap.On April 13, 2016, Marcus scored a victory goal against ‘West Ham’ in an ‘FA Cup’ match. His team won 2–1 and faced ‘Crystal Palace’ in the ‘FA Cup Final’ on May 21, 2016.‘Manchester United’ scored its 12th ‘FA Cup’ win with a 2–1 victory. Before he renewed his contract with ‘Manchester United,’ he finished the season with 8 goals in 18 appearances.Rashford made a thunderous start to his next season with his first goal against ‘Hull City’ on August 27, 2016. This was followed by 3 more goals in the next month: against ‘Watford’ on September 18, against ‘Northampton Town’ on September 21 in the ‘EFL Cup,’ and against ‘Leicester City’ on September 24.All the games were won by ‘Manchester United.’ Rashford, however, could not score any goals until January 7, 2017, when he scored against Jaap Stam’s ‘Reading,’ clinching a 4–0 win in the ‘FA Cup.’Continue Reading BelowOn February 26, 2017, Rashford scored as a substitute in a 3–2 victory over ‘Southampton’ in the ‘EFL Cup Final.’ Four days later, he scored another crucial goal in the 107th minute, against ‘Anderlecht, assuring the victory of his team and sending it to the next round of the ‘Europa League.’‘Manchester United’ won the final of the ‘Europa League’ by a 2–0 win against ‘Ajax.’ By the end of the season, Rashford had made 53 appearances, more than any other ‘Manchester United player at that time.Rashford made his first appearance of his second full senior season on August 8, 2017, against ‘Real Madrid’ in the ‘UEFA Super Cup.’ He entered the game in the 46th minute, as a substitute. His team lost the game 2–1 to ‘Real Madrid.’ Five days later, ‘Manchester United’ defeated ‘West Ham’ in a 4–0 home win.Rashford scored his first goal of the season on August 26, 2017, as a substitute in a 2–0 win over ‘Leicester City.’ On September 12, 2017, Marcus made his ‘UEFA Champions League’ debut in a 3–0 win against ‘Basel.’ This match marked his sixth competition debut where he had scored. He wrapped up the season with a goal against ‘Huddersfield Town’ on October 21, 2017.He appeared in 16 games and scored 7 goals and provided 5 assists in the season. In 2018, he scored two goals in a startling 2–1 win against ‘Liverpool’ in his first ‘Premier League’ of the year.International Appearances
- Before making his international debut with ‘Manchester United,’ Marcus became a part of the ‘UEFA Euro 2016.’ In a warm-up match against Australia, Marcus scored the opening goal, clinching a 2–1 win and becoming the youngest English player to do so in an international debut.He broke Wayne Rooney’s ‘UEFA Euro 2004’ record by four days, to become the youngest player ever to represent England at the ‘European Championships.’ He did so by debuting at the age of 18, as a substitute for Adam Lallana, in a 2–1 win over ‘Wales’ at the ‘UEFA Euro 2016.’As a senior, he scored his first goal against Slovakia in the 2018 ‘FIFA World Cup.’ His team won 2–1, with a winning goal scored by Rashford.Awards & Achievements
- He won the ‘Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year’ award in the 2015–2016 season. In 2016, he became the runner-up in the race for the ‘Golden Boy’ award for the best European player under the age of 21.He reached the 3rd spot in the run for the ‘Golden Boy’ award in 2017. He has been part of ‘Manchester United’ teams that have won the ‘FA Cup’ (2015–2016), the ‘EFL Cup’ (2016–2017), the ‘FA Community Shield (2016),’ and the ‘UEFA Europa League’ (2016–2017).Personal Life
- Rumors have linked Marcus with Courtney Morrison and Lucia Loi, but he has never been vocal about his relationships. It appears that he is currently single.
How To CiteArticle Title- Marcus Rashford BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/marcus-rashford-38571.phpLast Updated- April 26, 2018
People Also Viewed