Jase Robertson Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Jason Silas Robertson
Born in: Bernice, Louisiana
Famous as: Reality Star, Businessman
Spouse/Ex-: Melissa ‘Missy’ Robertson (M 1990)
father: Phil Alexander Robertson
mother: Marsha Kay Robertson
siblings: Alan (Brother), Jeptha (Brother), Willie (Brother)
children: Cole Robertson (Son), Mia Robertson (Daughter), Reed Robertson (Son)
U.S. State: Louisiana
education: West Monroe High School
Jason Silas Robertson, popularly known as Jase ‘Duckman’ Roberston is an American reality TV star, businessman and philanthropist. He gained fame for being one of the lead cast members of the A&E series ‘Duck Dynasty’. Together with his family, he runs the multi-million dollar duck and buck call company ‘Duck Commander’. He is the Chief Operating Officer of the brand and is personally responsible for inventing, fabricating by hand each duck call, and maintaining quality. Besides the business, Jase was also one of the stars of the reality series ‘Duck Dynasty’ featuring the entire Robertson family. The show became one of the most watched non-fiction series in America. Additionally, being a devout Christian, Jase also believes in resurrection and that hunting was God’s idea, citing ‘Genesis 9:1-3’. He has often stated that his dream hunt would be with Jesus and his apostles Paul and Peter. Jase also believes in giving back to society. He is associated with the ‘Mia Moo Foundation’, a non-profit organization in honor of his daughter who suffers from cleft lip and palate, since birth.
- By the time Jase Robertson started growing up and going to school, he realized that his father Phil Robertson was the ‘Duck Commander’. Running the company meant he was often busy and Jase wanted to spend as much time with him as possible. Finding out at a very young age that he shared his father’s passion for duck hunting, Jase started joining his father on hunts and even skipped school.
- Once Jase was old enough to make his own decisions he joined in his father’s business and started taking up duck hunting more, during the season. He started off by fabricating duck calls and managing the quality under the supervision of his father. As the business grew into a multi-million dollar duck call empire under the guidance of his brother Willie Robertson, Jase started taking more responsibilities. He went on to become the Chief Operating Officer of the brand. As C.O.O., he still continues to manage the business side of making duck calls, including fabricating each by hand and ensuring quality. Jase famously takes only two to three minutes to make a duck call and has also invented new ones like the ‘Triple Threat’ call.
- But his real claim to fame came along with his family after they started appearing on the reality show ‘Duck Commander’ (2009 – 2010). The show aired on the Outdoor Channel featured the Robertson family. Jase Robertson was against the idea of the show as he firmly believed a reality TV show featuring a family involved in the duck call business would never succeed. He felt that they lacked the drama, cursing, and friction required to make it a success.
- In spite of this initial apprehension, the show was well received by audiences and even gave birth to a spin-off ‘Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour’ in 2011. This was a turning point for the family and the brand ‘Duck Commander’ as it led to the A&E reality TV series ‘Duck Dynasty’. Debuting on March 21, 2012, with the episode ‘Family Funny Business’, it went on to air over 11 seasons. The final episode entitled ‘End Of An Era’ aired on March 29, 2017.
- The show ‘Duck Dynasty’, revolving around the bearded Robertson men, their conservative Protestant Christian views, family dynamics, and funny shenanigans, turned them, including Jase into celebrities. Although the show was suspended in December 2013, for a short while on account of homophobic and controversial comments by Phil, public pressure forced A&E to reinstate the series. With viewership numbers of millions per episode, it became one of the most successful reality TV series’, generating millions in merchandise sales, brand endorsements, and promoting ‘Duck Commander’. All of these combined with the ‘Duckman DVDs’ led to Jase becoming a multi-millionaire.
- But his fame did not take away his humble nature and he has given back to the society in a big way. Not only is Jase Robertson associated with the ‘Mia Moo Foundation’ but he also donates to charities trying to help communities in need.
- Jason Silas ‘Jase’ Robertson was born in Bernice, Louisiana, USA, on August 16, 1969, to Phil Alexander Robertson and Marsha Kay Robertson. He was named ‘Silas’ after his uncle Silas Robertson. Jase met his wife Missy Robertson on a fake high school date to make an ex-girlfriend jealous. The couple has been happily married since 1990 and has two sons, Reed and Cole, and a daughter Mia. Jase is also very close to his brothers Alan, Willie, and Jeptha Robertson. He went to West Monroe High School and later joined his father’s company ‘Duck Commander’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed