Jaeden Lieberher Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Jaeden Wesley Lieberher, Jaeden Martell
Born Country: United States
Born in: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Famous as: Actor
father: Wes Lieberher
mother: Angela Martell
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
Young, handsome and exuberant, Jaeden Lieberher is a well-known American film and television actor and model. He made his mark in Hollywood as a child artist and is well-known for films like ‘St. Vincent’ and ‘It’. Although stepping into showbiz was not something he expected in the wildest of his dreams, his journey to stardom seemed to be destined. It all started with featuring in commercials after he happened to relocate to Los Angeles with his mother as an eight year old. Things fell in place and the little boy went on to make his film debut at nine sans any training or prior experience in acting. The rest as they say is history. One after another notable films followed that saw Jaeden playing lead roles with some big names of the industry including Bill Murray, Naomi Watts, Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone among others. He has featured in films of different genres like the comedy-drama ‘St. Vincent’, science fiction film ‘Midnight Special’, drama film ‘The Confirmation’ and supernatural horror film ‘It’ garnering both critical acclaim and popularity at such tender age. Jaeden has also forayed into television with series ‘American Dad!’ and ‘Masters of Sex’.
- Jaeden was like any other little boy in the neighbourhood engrossed with his own little world including his near and dear ones until he moved to Los Angeles in 2011 where a new chapter of glitz and glamour opened in his life. There he landed up doing various commercials. After just a year he plunged into the world of acting, without any prior training or experience in the field, playing a bit role in the American romantic comedy film ‘Playing It Cool’ (2015) that started filming in late 2012.
- He had the opportunity to act along with Hollywood superstars like Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy and Naomi Watts in his next feature film ‘St. Vincent’, an American comedy-drama that started filming in July 2013 and released in 2014. The film became a super-hit grossing $54.8 million at box-office not only garnering Jaeden critical acclaim and widespread recognition but also winning him ‘Youth in Film’ award at the ‘Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards’ and the ‘Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role – Male’ award at the ‘Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards’ in 2014 apart from several nominations. In 2013, he also featured in the short film ‘Grief’.
- He was cast as Mitchell in the Cameron Crowe written, directed and produced 2015 American romantic comedy-drama ‘Aloha’. Although the film was panned by both critics and audiences, this Hawaiian project gave Jaeden a chance to act with the likes of Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams. Meanwhile, he earned one of the starring roles of Alton Meyer, a boy with special powers, in the Jeff Nichols written and directed American science fiction film ‘Midnight Special’ that started filming in early 2014 and released in early 2016. The film received generally favourable reviews but failed to get success at the box-office. His other notable film of 2016 was the Bob Nelson written and directed drama ‘The Confirmation’.
- Moving forward Jaeden lapped up the lead role of Henry Carpenter in the 2017 American drama film ‘The Book of Henry’, which was directed by Colin Trevorrow. The film saw him sharing screen space with Naomi Watts, who, once again, played his mother.
- The most successful film of his career so far is the Andy Muschietti directed 2017 supernatural horror film ‘It’. It is based on a 1986 novel by Stephen King bearing the same title. He appeared in the role of Bill Denbrough, the main protagonist, starring along with Bill Skarsgård. It received generally positive reviews and emerged as a blockbuster hit grossing $688.3 million worldwide till November 2017 garnering him international prominence.
- His upcoming film ‘The True Adventures of Wolfboy’ is slated for a 2018 release. His television pursuits include appearing in the television sitcom ‘The Ellen Show’ in 2014; performing additional voices in an episode of the American adult animated sitcom ‘American Dad!’ in 2015 and playing the recurring role of Johnny Masters in eleven episodes of the American period drama series ‘Masters of Sex’ during 2015–2016.
- He has also marked his presence in different social media platforms with decent followings. For instance his Instagram account ‘jaedenwesley’ has already amassed 1.6 million followers while his Twitter account ‘jaedenlieberher’ has over 160 k followers. The feats and accolades that this young lad has achieved so far are both inspiring and enviable for many and it will not be too much to say that moving forward, he will evolve as one of the finest actors of Hollywood.
- He was born Jaeden Wesley Lieberher on January 4, 2003 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US to Wes Lieberher and Angela Martell as their eldest child among three boys and a girl. His father is a nationally recognized executive chef and also a vocalist of the Philadelphia rock band ‘Kill Verona’. Jaeden is of mixed ancestry with German, French-Canadian, English, Scots-Irish, Belgian/Walloon and Korean descent.
Jaeden Lieberher Movies
1. Knives Out (2019)
(Comedy, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
2. It (2017)
(Horror, Drama, Thriller)
3. St. Vincent (2014)
4. It Chapter Two (2019)
(Drama, Fantasy, Horror)
5. The Lodge (2020)
(Drama, Horror, Thriller)
6. Midnight Special (2016)
(Mystery, Sci-Fi, Drama, Thriller)
7. The Book of Henry (2017)
(Crime, Drama, Thriller)
8. The Confirmation (2016)
|2018||Best On-Screen Team||It (2017)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed