Carl Benjamin Bio
Carl Benjamin (Sargon of Akkad) is a British YouTuber . He has over 620K subscribers to his YouTube channel. Carl Benjamin a.k.a. Sargon of Akkad has been using the platform provided by YouTube to express his views on various topics in the social and political arena. His views have been touted inappropriate, misogynistic, and misdirected by many of his peers, yet he has managed to make a name for himself in specific groups. When he is not talking in his YouTube channel ‘sargonofakkad100,’ he is a small time game developer. He has been credited with developing the game titled ‘Necromancer’ in 2014. Carl was the co-programmer of the game.
- The first point that he scored in grabbing the attention of the viewers is the choice of pseudonym. He named his channel and himself after the first ruler of the Akkadian Empire ( BCE 2334 to 2279) who was supposedly a harsh dictator.Recommended Lists:
- He followed up the surprising choice of name with controversial content that infringed on basic human liberties on multiple levels. Combining these two has become a genius move that bore him the fruit of recognition.
- Carl’s channel was created in 2010 and yet he did not post content until mid-2013. His first video dealt with the issue of feminism by a specific YouTuber and was basically aimed at making fun of and decimating the speaker’s opinion.
- His anti-feminist rage might have stemmed from his background job as a game developer and the lack of success which he very often directed to the ongoing ‘feminist’ agenda of the Digital Games Research Association (DiGRA).
- He went on to become one of the proponents of the Gamergate Controversy. This kind of content went on to be the trademark of his channel; taking random videos of people commenting on a specific issue those interests his sensibilities and offering his counter arguments on that issue. He actively stays away from the screen, using the various pictures of the statues of his pseudonym, the first ruler of the Akkadian Empire in the Mesopotamian region during the ancient ages.
- He comments on a range of socio-political topics, but mostly centers his rants on anti-feminism, anti-leftist, defending politically irrationalities like Trump and Brexit, spouting mind numbing conspiracy theories and other such bizarre topics.
- He has been characterized by the media for his ‘deliberately provocative’ content and this assessment has been somewhat proved right as he has huge following from Neo-Nazi groups, racially motivated factions and viciously anti-feminist individuals.
- His brand of provocative opinionating seems to be a lucrative business as his YouTube channel is getting noticed more and more each day by the media and various socio-political institutions. Although the number of subscribers to his channels is not that high (for obvious reasons), his earnings per video ranges for about 870 USD! Apart from that, he is gaining funding from various groups and individuals that subscribe to his views and want to see his spewing those very things for the foreseeable future.
- Although Carl’s views have been mostly not been favored by the free-thinking world, he continues to express his brand of truth to the world undeterred. His delivery began as very cryptic and he did not use sophisticated recording machinery up until very recently, probably to maintain a very cryptic image of himself.
- He has unfavorable reactions from various politically and socially mainstream institutions around the world, and yet he continues to top every popularity list, with blogs and articles, albeit written out of spite, being dedicated to him and his content.
- If the ultimate goal in this social media game is to make people memorize your name, then Sargon of Akkad has definitely arrived.
- Carl Benjamin (Sargon of Akkad) was born on September 1, 1979 at Swindon, England. Not much is known about his personal life. He is married to Lucy Benjamin and has two kids. His educational background is also not known.
- He calls himself a classical liberal and identifies with centre-left politics. He has been accused by haters around the world of various notoriety including alcohol abuse and domestic violence, but none of that have been proven.
- Although he is a British national, in his content he uses a lot of American lingo indicating that he aims for the global audience rather than just national.
Carl Benjamin Fans Also Viewed