Benjamin Atkinson Biography
Benjamin Atkinson is the son of the world-renowned British actor and comedian, Rowan Atkinson, best known for playing the titular character in one of the most popular comedy series, ‘Mr. Bean.’ Despite being the son of a famous actor, Benjamin chose to tread a path of his own. Many believed that he would follow-in his famous father’s footsteps, but Benjamin Atkinson decided to join the ‘British Armed Forces.’ He got himself enrolled at the ‘Royal Military College’ in Sandhurst to join the British army. On January 18, 2018, Benjamin Atkinson was presented with an opportunity to meet and greet the British Prime Minister Theresa May and the President of France Emmanuel Macron. As one of the members of the guard of honor, Benjamin Atkinson was part of the ceremonial welcome of the two leaders, which, in turn, was part of the 35th ‘United Kingdom–France Summit.’
- Benjamin Atkinson was born in 1993 in England, United Kingdom. Benjamin is of mixed origin. While his father Rowan Atkinson is of British origin, his mother Sunetra Sastry is half British half Indian. He grew up along with his younger sister, Lily Atkinson, who is two years younger to him. After his high school studies, Benjamin enrolled at ‘The University of Exeter’ in South West England to pursue his college education. He then got himself enrolled at the ‘Royal Military Academy Sandhurst,’ an institution with an extensive list of alumni, including the likes of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, and Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, among many other royalties from all over the world. Benjamin joined the prestigious military college for a career in the British army.
- In 2016, Benjamin Atkinson took to his Facebook page to announce his admission into the famous military college. After confirming that he had received a letter of acceptance from ‘Sandhurst,’ Benjamin said that he is looking forward to having some fun during his 44 week stay at the institution. Receiving a call up letter from the ‘Royal Military College’ is considered an achievement in itself. Every year, the Queen inspects the new recruits before they join the ‘British Armed Forces.’ Hence, Benjamin was understandably excited when he received the letter of acceptance from the college. Soon after making his announcement on Facebook, Benjamin’s photo became viral on the internet. After joining the ‘Royal Military College,’ Benjamin started performing well and was eventually chosen to pose in a line-up along with the British Prime Minister Theresa May and the President of France Emmanuel Macron.
- When ‘Royal Military Academy Sandhurst,’ was chosen to host the 35th ‘United Kingdom–France Summit,’ Benjamin Atkinson was selected to be a part of the guard of honor. Hence, he became part of the ceremonial welcome of Theresa May and Emmanuel Macron. He also became one of the new recruits to pose in a line-up along with May and Macron at the entrance of the institution. The event also marked Emmanuel Macron’s first UK visit and the French President was seen beaming alongside Benjamin Atkinson.
- Benjamin Atkinson’s mother Sunetra Sastry is a popular makeup artist. In fact, she had met Rowan Atkinson at the sets of the popular sitcom ‘Blackadder,’ where she was working as a makeup artist. Benjamin’s parents separated in 2015 amid speculations regarding his father’s infidelity. Benjamin is close to his younger sister, Lily Atkinson, who is an actress and singer. She has appeared in films, such as ‘Mr. Bean’s Holiday’ and ‘Johnny English Reborn.’
- In December 2017, Benjamin Atkinson became a half-brother to Rowan’s third child with actress Louise Ford.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed