Andrea Thoma Bio
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born Country: Malaysia
Born in: Malaysia
Famous as: Instagram Star
Spouse/Ex-: Grant Gustin (m. 2018)
mother: Judy Thoma
siblings: Christian Thoma, Jonathan Thoma, Louise Thoma
education: Kent State University
Andrea Thoma is an American physical therapist of Malaysian origin and the wife of actor-singer Grant Gustin. A 'Kent State University' alumna, she is a doctorate in physical therapy and currently practices in Sunnyvale, California. Andrea is a former soccer player and has played for her high school and university teams. Andrea and Gustin dated each other for a couple of years before they got married. The actor's shooting and workout schedules initially ruined his plans of proposing to his lady love, but he later made an impromptu proposal with a round-cut diamond ring. Andrea has Malaysian roots from her mother's side. Hence, she had a traditional wedding at her maternal hometown and then a white wedding in Los Angeles.
- Andrea LA Thoma was born on July 11, 1988, in Ohio, to James and Judy Thoma. She grew up with her brother, Jonathan Thoma, and her sister, Louise Thoma.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Andrea earned a BS degree in exercise physiology from 'Kent State University' (graduated in 2009) and then did her PhD in physical therapy from 'Old Dominion University.' She was selected as a senior on the 2005 'NSCAA/Adidas All-Region III' (Central) soccer team to represent 'St. Thomas Aquinas High School.' With six goals against the 'Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy,' Andrea set a single-game school record. She had also played club soccer for 'Greater Akron Premier' and lettered in track and field.Despite such brilliant high-school statistics, Andrea got medical redshirt after a season, for her injury. In the 2008 sophomore year, she had an honorable mention on the 'Academic All-MAC Team.' Andrea was one of the two 'Kent State' players to get a multi-goal game. With this, she became the 19th player to achieve the feat in the history of the school.You May LikeContinue Reading BelowCareer
- Andrea worked as a physical therapy student in Virginia and Connecticut for 5 months and then moved to California. She is currently practicing physical therapy in Sunnyvale, California.She is also a famed ‘Instagram’ star and has 645 thousand followers on the platform.Rise to Prominence
- Andrea came under the media radar after her relationship with American actor and singer Grant Gustin was revealed. The two had been dating each other since January 2017. They met each other for the first time on December 23, 2016, at a dinner party hosted by the 'Sabah Tourism Board.'Andrea and Gustin got engaged on April 29, 2017. He proposed to his lady love with a large round-cut diamond ring while they were working out on the beach. She turned around and found Gustin down on his knees, with the solitaire in his hand. Gustin had revealed that he was not prepared for the proposal and that it was an impromptu act. Andrea, too, had not expected it, and she thought the proposal was a joke or prank played on her.Gustin had initially planned to propose to Andrea on a movie shoot but was too occupied with his commitment to 'The Flash' and other scheduling complications. Nevertheless, he still managed to chalk out a plan to surprise Andrea with the marriage proposal. Unfortunately, even that plan was ruined, as they were sharing a backpack during a workout. While the two were working out on the beach, Gustin forgot that he had kept the ring in the backpack. He later thought that Andre had already seen the ring and thus delayed the proposal. However, he later found out that she had actually not seen the ring. Gustin then shared the news of their engagement through an 'Instagram' post.Andrea and Gusting got married on December 15, 2018. The wedding was held at 'Valentine DTLA,' a venue in Los Angeles.Family & Personal Life
- Andrea is a Malaysian–American and is of Kadazan descent from her mother's side. Her parents live in Alliance, Ohio. Her brother, Jonathan, is an 'Ohio State University' alumnus and currently works in resort sales at 'Marriott Hotels.' He is also the director of business development at 'Hyperion Motors' and lives in Columbus, Ohio. Andrea's sister works at the 'University of Delaware' and lives in Newark, Delaware.Trivia
- Andrea and her siblings love any food prepared with shrimp paste.Even though she grew up in Ohio, Andrea's mother kept her in touch with their Borneo heritage. Hence, she can speak a little Kadazan and Malay. She knows some of the customs and rituals practiced in Sabah.