Vili Fualaau is a Samoan American DJ who came into limelight for an illicit sexual relationship with his married sixth grade teacher Mary Kay Letourneau. His liaison with his teacher became a national scandal after the then-34-year-old teacher pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree child rape. This resulted in Letourneau’s arrest and her plea agreement called for six months in jail and no contact for life with her teenage student. Mary Kay Letourneau spent three months in jail and was released. Later on, Letourneau continued her sexual relationship with Fualaau just after two weeks of her release. This act again landed Letourneau in jail and she had to spend several years there. Upon her release from prison, Fualaau requested the court for the cancellation of their no-contact order. The order was revoked and Fualaau got married to Letourneau and raised the two daughters who were born from their controversial relationship. This well-known couple celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2015. Nowadays, Vili Fualaau is working at a home garden center. He is also a DJ who dreams of becoming a tattoo artist someday. He has also hosted ‘Hot for Teacher’ nights at local clubs along with his wife Mary Kay Letourneau.
- Vili Fualaau was born on June 26, 1983 to parents Luaiva and Soona Fualaau.In September 1991, he joined Shorewood Elementary School which was located in Burien, Washington, and became a student in Mary Kay Letourneau’s second-grade class. This was the first time when he met his educator.In 1996, he became Letourneau's sixth-grade student at the age of 12. Letourneau was a married mother of four at that time. She took Fualaau under her wing and started helping him develop his artistic skills. The five feet and six inches tall student—who looked more like a young man than a boy—started spending time with her at her house. He even became friends with the teacher’s oldest son Steve.Involvement With Letourneau
- In June 1996, Vili Fualaau celebrated his 13th birthday. By July of the year, the student and teacher had started having a sexual relationship. The same year, the police catch them in a van allegedly involved in a sexual act. The two were arrested and later on released after they proved their innocence.Both Fualaau and Letourneau wanted to keep their relationship secret. Mary Kay Letourneau later said she was unaware of the fact that her relationship with the minor would be considered as rape.According to some sources, Fualaau was the one who wanted to be in relationship with Letourneau. He once told Dateline television news magazine that he used to make plans for the day in advance whenever he was going to meet her and think of what he would do, what surprise he would leave on her desk, and so on.In an interview, Letourneau confessed the details of the night when they first made sexual contact. She told the reporter that the incident took place late one night, starting from a kiss. She stated, “It started with a kiss and didn’t stop after that. I thought it would but it didn’t.”Fatherhood At 14
- In September 1996, Vili Fualaau entered seventh grade. This was the time when Letourneau was pregnant with his first child.On May 23, 1997, Letourneau gave birth to a baby girl, thus making Fualaau attain fatherhood at the age of 14. Letourneau named her daughter ‘Audrey’.In 1998, Fualaau became a father for the second time after Letourneau gave birth to their second daughter ‘Georgia’. Arrested for child rape meanwhile, she delivered the baby girl while serving her sentence.Letourneau
- On March 4, 1997, Letourneau was arrested on account of two counts of a second-degree child rape and ordered to spend three months in jail. However, the actual term of imprisonment was six months to seven years but she was released on the condition that she will make no further contact with the boy.On January 6, 1998, she had her name entered in the sex offender registry.On February 3, 1998, she again made sexual contact with Fualaau and was again arrested for parole violation.On February 6, 1998, she was sentenced to a 7-1/2 year imprisonment.Fualaau
- Vili Fualaau went through a very difficult time over the course of these incidents. He dropped out of school. He suffered emotionally and even quoted that he was no longer in love with Letourneau. For him, it was a life-changing event.The father of two went into depression for years. Highlighting his days struggling with the condition, he once said in an interview, “I went through a really tough time.” He also stated that he is surprised that he is still alive today.Depressed, Fualaau tried to commit suicide at the age of 18. He tried to attempt suicide again with sleeping pills and a gun.Fualaau’s condition got worse when he wasn't able to contact Letourneau. During that time, he had two baby daughters to take care of and no one to turn to. He lacked support from his family and friends. He once stated that his friends couldn’t help him because they didn’t know what it was like to be a parent.Fualaau
- In the year 1999, Letourneau got a divorce from her husband.On August 4, 2004, Letourneau was released from the Washington Corrections Center for Women, completing her sentence. The same year Fualaau requested the court for the reversal of their no-contact order. Later on, the court accepted his request.On May 20, 2005, Fualaau got married to Letourneau at the age of 21. The couple’s wedding was a grand event, attended by around 250 guests including their daughters and two of Letourneau’s children from her first marriage. The wedding of the couple took place at a winery in Washington. The couple also sold their wedding photos and videos to media.The couple, along with their daughters is now settled in Seattle.Today, Fualaau works in a home garden center and is also a DJ by profession.The controversial couple celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary in 2015.Trivia
- Vili Fualaau once told the press present at the Washington TV station KIRO that the teacher’s pregnancy was not an accident but a plan. He quoted that their baby was the only way to keep their relationship alive.Fualaau’s mother, Soona, raised their baby girls while Letourneau was in jail.In 1998, Fualaau and Letourneau co-authored a book ‘Only One Crime, Love’.Fualaau cheated on Letourneau while she was in prison.
How To CiteArticle Title- Vili Fualaau BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- March 16, 2017
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Vili FualaauPrevious NextImage Credithttp://thecelebrityauction.co/wp2/cwitter-article/happily-ever-after-interview-reveals-cracks-in-mary-kay-letourneau-vili-fualaaus-relationship/Image Credithttp://www.highlinetimes.com/2006/05/02/news/seatac-jury-convicts-fualaauImage Credithttp://www.biography.com/people/vili-fualaau-578410