2007 - Marconi Award
2003 - Freedom of Speech Award from Talkers Magazine
The immensely popular host of the radio talk show ‘The Sean Hannity Show’, Sean Hannity is more than just a radio or television presenter. The man wears many hats and is a respected political commentator and a brilliant author of several best selling books. He is a free-wheeling and candid commentator on American politics and agenda and is regarded as one of the most influential conservative voices in the U.S. With millions of listeners all over the country, ‘The Sean Hannity Show’ is the second most listened to commercial radio show. Counted amongst the best ever radio talk hosts, he is also a highly visible face on television. He hosted the hugely popular ‘Hannity & Colmes’ show along with Alan Colmes and single-handedly hosted the show, now called ‘Hannity’ upon Colmes’s departure. His programs are primarily conservative political shows where he gives his views and opinions regarding current political scenarios and other related issues. He is much appreciated for his strong political views and hosting skills even though he had never been a politician or a news reporter. He is also the author of three books on politics all of which became the best selling nonfiction on the New York Times Bestseller list.
- Sean Hannity was born to Hugh J. and Lillian F. Hannity. He has two sisters.He went to Sacred Heart Seminary before attending St. Pius X Preparatory Seminary high school. He enrolled at the New York University, but dropped out before graduation.Career
- He got his first chance to host a radio talk show at the volunteer college station KCSB-FM in 1989. However, his weekly show was cancelled after less than a year.He found work with the radio station WVNN to host an afternoon talk show; he soon moved to WGST in 1992.He got a big opportunity in 1996 when he was hired by Roger Ailes, the co-founder of Fox News to co-host a show with Alan Colmes. The live television show ‘Hannity & Colmes’ premiered in October 1996.The ‘Hannity & Colmes’ show had the co-hosts Hannity and Colmes present a conservative and liberal perspective respectively on current issues.WABC gave the late night slot to Hannity in 1997. He was also allotted the afternoon slot the next year and has been appearing on that slot since then.He hosts the hugely popular radio talk show ‘The Sean Hannity Show’ which was syndicated nation wide in September 2001 to over 500 stations. Hannity talks about several political topics such as terrorism, warfare, illegal immigration, etc. In the show Hannity provides a phone line for the listeners who disagree with him to call and talk to him. The show also has a book club which features author interviews and discussions on related topics.His book ‘Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism’ was published in 2002. It was a commentary of the political, social and cultural aspects of the world as he saw it. It became a New York Times bestseller.In 2004, his second book ‘Deliver Us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism and Liberalism’ was out. In this controversial book he correlated Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.In 2007, he began hosting a weekly talk show ‘Hannity’s America’ on the Fox News Channel. He gave his commentary on political issues that had taken place over the past week. The show ran till 2009.Alan Colmes announced that he would leave the show ‘Hannity & Colmes’ in 2008. After his departure, the show was renamed simply ‘Hannity’ and has been hosted by Hannity alone since January 2009. He interviews guests and provides his own commentary in the show.His latest book ‘Conservative Victory: Defeating Obama’s Radical Agenda’ was released in 2010.Major Works
- His radio talk show ‘The Sean Hannity Show’ is a very popular show, counted amongst the most listened to commercial radio shows. Hannity is considered to be the best radio host, second only to the legendary Rush Limbaugh.He published three books on politics, all of which were named on the New York Times bestseller list.Awards & Achievements
- He was awarded the Marconi Award for the Network Syndicated Personality of the Year by the National Association of Broadcasters in 2003 and 2007.He won the national Talk Show Host of the Year Award presented by the ‘Radio and Records’ magazine for three consecutive years.Personal Life & Legacy
- He married Jill Rhodes in 1993 and has two children.He has been hosting country music themed ‘Freedom Concerts’ since 2003 to raise money for charity.He was awarded an honorary degree by the chancellor of Liberty University in 2005.Trivia
- He is a big fan of the country musician Garth Brooks.
How To CiteArticle Title- Sean Hannity BiographyAuthor- Editors @ TheFamousPeople.comWebsite Name- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- October 29, 2013
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Sean HannityPrevious NextImage Credithttp://www.ew.com/article/2012/05/24/fox-news-sean-hannity-new-dealImage Credithttp://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/07/10-questions-for-fox-news-host-sean-hannity/Image Credithttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/24/obamacare-hotline-operator-fired-for-taking-call-from-sean-hannity-heres-how-the-host-is-making-it-right/
Quotes By Sean HannityAlso Listed In