Rosie McClelland is a British child actress, model and television personality. Along with her cousin Sophia Grace Brownlee, she makes up the duo popularly called "Sophia Grace & Rosie." The duo became famous after a YouTube video of them singinga cover version of Nicki Minaj's song ‘Super Bass’ went viral. The girls appeared on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ within a month and became regular guests on the show soon after. The two girls have appeared on many other TV shows including two episodes of ‘Sam & Cat’ and two episodes of ‘The Xtra Factor.’ They also hosted their own web series named ‘The Sophia Grace and Rosie Show.’ Rosie and her cousin have also published two commercially successful illustrated children's books, ‘Tea Time with Sophia Grace & Rosie’ and ‘Showtime with Sophia Grace & Rosie.’ Not only the books were well-received by fans and critics, the first one even reached No. 2 position on The New York Times Best Seller list of "Children's Picture Books." The two girls even starred in their own movie titled ‘Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure.’
- One fateful day in September 2011, Rosie's mother Danielle decided to dress up the two girls in pink tutus and tiaras and filmed them while they were singing and dancing. She then posted the video on YouTube where it went viral instantaneously, and has gained over 52 million views so far. The video caught the attention of many Hollywood celebrities who shared it with their fans on social media. In October 2011, after Ellen DeGeneres saw the video, she invited the girls to her talk show, ‘The Ellen DeGeneres’ Show. The two girls appeared on the show many times within a few months and their popularity kept growing. They even hosted a segment in the show, called ‘Tea Time with Sophia Grace & Rosie’, in which they interviewed celebrities coming to the show. The two girls interviewed celebrities like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and Hugh Grant. The two girls returned on Ellen's show in 2015 to talk about new things in their lives.What Makes Rosie McClelland So Special
- Since becoming famous, Rosie and Sophia have been to many TV shows and award ceremonies together, and Rosie has been known as the 'quiet' side-kick or 'hype girl' to her cousin Sophia. Even if she doesn't join Sophia in singing, she "gives her confidence". In her mother's words, Rosie's quiet confidence is the yin to her cousin Sophia's bold yang. In 2012, along with Sophia, she won the Teen Choice Award in the category of "Choice Webstar" for her spirited interviews of celebrities. She has charmed top celebrities with her humorously insightful questions. Rosie and Sophia have represented Ellen on the red carpets of several award shows. Both the girls often wear pink dresses and tiaras, which have become their signature fashion style. Despite becoming famous at an early age, Rosie enjoys a happy and healthy childhood. Her compassionate nature has earned her a lot of friends at school. She is a good student and is very much interested in learning about electricity and science. She is also a gymnast and has won many awards. In her spare time, she loves to dress up her dolls.Beyond Fame
- Many of the fans have been critical of Rosie's parents for taking her to various shows while she should be studying at school. Most criticism came after Rosie and Sophia got their own segment in Ellen's show and started interviewing celebrities, sometimes bringing up topics that, according to fans, they are "too young" to talk about. However, most fans have been very supportive of her rise to fame. Besides appearing in various TV shows, Rosie was also featured in Sophia's first music video ‘Girls Just Gotta Have Fun.’ The two girls have reportedly signed a five-movie deal with Nickelodeon, the first of which was released in 2014. Rosie also launched her own merchandise the same year. Rosie and Sophia collaborated with leading toy manufacturer Just Play to launch their own toys inspired by their fashion sense. The toys are fully posable and are dressed in their trademark pink tutus and tiaras.They also have a range of jewellery and fashion accessories that are sold at stores like Walmart and Claire's.Behind The Curtains
- Rosie Grace McClelland was born on September 7, 2006, in Essex, England. She is the daughter of Danielle Brownlee who is Sophia Grace Brownlee's maternal aunt. Her mother and her father got married in 2015 and Rosie served as a bridesmaid for the nuptials. She now has a younger brother named Romeo. Sophia and Rosie are more than cousins; they have always been very close and played together since their early days.Trivia
- Rosie has a pet hamster named Princess Fluffy.
Rosie McClelland Fans Also ViewedAlso Listed In