Melania Trump is the First Lady of the United States of America. Her husband, Donald Trump, became the 45th President of the country in 2017. Melania married Donald Trump in 2005 to become his third wife. She is the first naturalized US citizen and the second foreign-born US First lady after Louisa Adams, wife of the sixth president, John Quincy Adams. She attained US citizenship in 2006. She was born in Slovenia to an Austrian father and Slovenian mother. Prior to her wedding with Donald Trump, Melania was a professional model and actress in New York. She has worked with renowned photographers from Milan, Paris and New York. Though Melania avoided the limelight during her husband’s presidential campaigns, she was targeted by the media several times on account of her modelling career, immigrant origin, plagiarised speech at the Republican National Convention and false claims of completing degree from the University of Ljubljana. Melania strongly believes in women equality and stands for it.
- Melania Trump was born Melanija Knavs on April 26, 1970 at Novo Mesto, Slovenia which was a part of communist Yugoslavia back then.She grew up in a humble background. Her father, Viktor Knavs, worked as a car dealer and her mother, Amalija, worked as a children’s clothes designer at a manufacturer named ‘Jutranjka’ in Sevnica.Melania has a sister, Ines Knauss, and also a half-brother from her father’s previous relationship.Career
- Young Melania wanted to pursue a career in modelling and started her journey at the age of sixteen when she worked with Stane Jerko, a fashion photographer from Slovenia.At eighteen years of age, she signed a contract with a modelling agency in Milan.She enrolled at the University of Ljubljana to study designing. To channelize her efforts completely towards modelling career, she dropped the course after a year.In 1992, the ‘Jana’ magazine announced her as the runner up in the ‘Look of the Year’ contest, in Ljubljana.After she began concentrating on modelling completely, she worked for some time in Paris and Milan.In 1996, Melania moved to New York on H-1B visa where she became a successful model and received many projects with photographers such as Patrick Demarchelier and Helmut Newton. During this time, she changed her name to Melania Knauss.Trump featured on the cover pages of popular magazines like ‘Harper's Bazaar’, ‘Vogue’, ‘Front’, ‘Vanity Fair’ and ‘GQ’.In 2001, Trump got a green card for her contribution in the field of modelling. Finally in 2006, she became a citizen of the USA.She was seen as an actress in ‘Miss USA’ in 2003, Donald Trump’s reality show ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ in 2004 and ‘One Nation Under Trump’ in 2016.Melania Trump has also launched her designer watches, jewellery and skincare products.Marriage
- Melania and Donald Trump met at a fashion party in New York City in September 1998. Being single, Trump entered into a serious relationship with her.She accompanied Trump for a few campaigns like the Reform Party presidential nomination in 2000.They got engaged in 2004, and married on January 22, 2005, at The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida.While Donald Trump was campaigning for the 2016 presidential elections, Melania Trump gave a speech on 18th July 2016, at the Republican National Convention. The speech became controversial after it was found to be partly similar to Michelle Obama's speech given at the Democratic National Convention in 2008.Melania Trump became the First Lady of the United States on 20thJanuary, 2017 when her husband, Donald Trump, became the 45th president of the country.Personal Life & Legacy
- In 1998, Melania Knauss met Donald Trump duringa fashion party in Manhattan. The party was hosted by the Italian businessman, Paolo Zampolli. At the party, Donald Trump had approached Melania for her phone number. After an initial refusal, she began dating him and they got engaged in 2004.She married Donald Trump on 22nd January 2005 at the Palm Beach, Florida with a reception at Donald Trump’s ‘Mar-a-Lago’ estate.The wedding was attended by celebrities such as Rudy Giuliani, Katie Couric, Heidi Klum, Matt Lauer and Kelly Ripa. The then President Bill Clinton and wife Hillary Clinton were also part of the wedding.On 20th March 2006, Melania gave birth to son Barron William Trump.She is also the step mother of Donald Jr., Eric, Ivanka and Tiffany Trump.Trivia
- Melania Trump is a multi-linguist with good command over Slovene, English, German, French, Italian, and Serbo-Croatian.She was embroiled in a controversy regarding her degree from the University of Ljubljana in architecture and design. The media widely discussed this alleged false claim on her official website. After this incident, this was removed.
How To CiteArticle Title- Melania Trump BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- July 05, 2017
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Melania TrumpPrevious NextImage Credithttp://footwearnews.com/2017/fashion/celebrity-style/melania-trump-king-belgium-dress-today-360209/Image Credithttp://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Culture/Dressed-for-the-occasion-493590Image Credithttps://www.yahoo.com/style/palm-beach-meets-washington-melania-trumps-first-ladys-luncheon-051235466.htmlAlso Listed In