- Business People(65)
- Film & Theater Personalities(387)
- Food Experts(4)
- Intellectuals & Academics(135)
- Inventors & Discoverers(5)
- Media Personalities(56)
Mary Baker Eddy is best known as the founder of Christian Science. With this biography, know more about her life, childhood and timeline.
Mary Baker Eddy
Also Listed In: Spiritual & Religious Leaders
Famous as: Religious Leader, Founder of Christian Science, Writer
Born on: 16 July 1821 16th July Birthdays
Zodiac Sign: Cancer Cancer Men
Born in: Bow
Died on: 03 December 1910
place of death: Newton
father: Mark Baker
mother: Abigail Bernard Ambrose Baker
siblings: Samuel Baker, Albert Baker, George Sullivan Baker, Abigail Tilton, Martha Smith Baker,
Spouses: George Washington Glover, Daniel Patterson, Asa Gilbert Eddy
children: Ebenezer J. Foster Eddy, George Washington Glover, Jr.
education: Pembroke Academy
Works & Achievements: Mary was a Christian religious reformer and the founder of a religious denomination, known as Christian Science.
Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science movement, was one of the most prominent spiritual leaders and writers of her time. She believed that Christian Science was the only way to bring spiritually practical solution for health as well as moral issues. Mary Baker Eddy was also the founder of the six time Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper "The Christian Science Monitor". She is known for her spiritual teachings, lectures and instantaneous healing ability. Her writings, till date, influence the world.
- Her book, 'Science and Health' remained a bestseller for over 90 years.
- 'Science and Health' was selected as one of the '75 Books By Women Whose Words Have Changed The World', by the Women's National Book Association.
- In 1995, Mary was inducted in the National Women's Hall of Fame.
- In the year 2002, 'The Mary Baker Eddy Library for the Betterment of Humanity' was opened to public, allowing them access to hundreds of thousands of documents and artifacts.
- Mary Baker Eddy Library is one of the largest multi-disciplinary collections, by and about an American woman
- On the 100th anniversary of Mary Baker Eddy, an almost 100-ton and 60-70 tons (hewn), eleven-foot square granite pyramid was dedicated on the site of her birthplace, in Bow, New Hampshire.
- Science And Health, With Key To The Scriptures - 1875, revised through 1910
- Miscellaneous Writings
- Retrospection and Introspection
- Unity of Good
- Pulpit and Press
- Rudimental Divine Science
- No and Yes
- Christian Science versus Pantheism
- Message to The Mother Church, 1900
- Message to The Mother Church, 1901
- Message to The Mother Church, 1902
- Christian Healing
- The People's Idea of God
- The First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany
- The Manual of The Mother Church
MARY BAKER EDDY TIMELINE
Mary Baker Eddywas born
Lost her brother
Married George Glover, but he died six months later
Lost her mother
Marriage to Daniel Patterson ended up in a divorce
Published 1st edition of 'Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures'
Founded a church and served as its pastor for about ten years in Boston, Massachusetts
Established The Massachusetts Metaphysical College
Started a monthly magazine, The Christian Science Journal
Reorganized the church
Established a publishing company and added a weekly magazine to its publications
Founded The Christian Science Monitor
Left for the heavenly abode
Videos About Mary Baker Eddy
Books by Mary Baker Eddy