Jamie Lynn Spears is a complete package-entertainer, who has shown her mettle as an actor, singer and entertainer. Sister of famous singers, Bryan and Britney Spears, in her merely 25 years of existence, Spears has tasted it all—the meteoric highs and volcanic lows to become a seasoned veteran that she is today. Jamie Lynn Spears started her career as an actor, making her debut with the Paramount Pictures drama film, ‘Crossroads’. Her epic rise to stardom came with her self-written television series on Nickelodeon ‘Zoey 101’. The show broke all previous records to become the highest rated series premiere. However, just when there seemed to be nothing stopping her, reality struck her hard—she was pregnant at 16! The news created a stir and a wave of fury amongst the public and her fans who idolized her as a teen figure. Daring all odds, she delivered her little princess and took a hiatus from her career. However, determined to be remembered for more than ‘getting pregnant at 16’, she threw herself into music. She had realized that time had come to make real her long-desiring passion for music. Jamie Lynn Spears gained limelight yet again, for her debut single ‘How Could I Want More’ that charted at number 29 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs. Today, with over 100 songs in her catalogue, she is a sensational singing force to reckon with.
- Jamie Lynn Spears was born on April 4, 1991 in McComb, Mississippi to James and Lynne Spears. She has two siblings, Bryan and Britney Spears.She attended the Parklane Academy. While at school, she was a cheerleader and point guard of the basketball team. Spears completed her education via an online correspondence course. In 2008, she received her GED through Tangipahoa Parish School System Adult Education Center.Career
- Jamie Lynn Spears officially made her debut in 2002 for Paramount Pictures drama film, ‘Crossroads’. Her sister, Britney, was playing the lead role in the film. Jamie made a cameo, playing the fictionalized younger version of her sister, Britney’s character, Lucy Wagner.Following ‘Crossroads’, she was cast as a regular on the Nickelodeon’s sketch comedy series ‘All That’ that was running in its eighth season. Jamie was commended for her comic timing and on-screen brilliance. After a two year hiatus, ‘All That’ came in for its ninth season wherein Jamie reprised her role. However, she wasn’t a part of the series’ tenth and final season.In 2004, she signed a development deal with Nickelodeon as per which she was to star as the protagonist in her own scripted television series. The series was titled ‘Zoey 101’. In it, she played the central character of Zoey Brooks who along with her friends attend a fictional boarding school, Pacific Coast Academy.‘Zoey 101’ premiered on January 9, 2005 and became the network’s highest rated series premiere in over eight years. The phenomenal success of the first season led to three more seasons, with the show finally ending on fourth season with the finale episode ‘PCA Confidential’ that aired on May 2, 2008.In March 2008, Jamie took up guest role of a promiscuous high school student Mandy Fener in the ABC comedy sitcom series ‘Miss Guided’. Same year, she also did a voice role for the direct-to-DVD animation film ‘Unstable Fables: Goldilocks & 3 Bears Show’ for the character of Goldilocks. The film was the third and final instalment of the ‘Unstable Fables’ trilogy.Her career took a backseat when she learned about her pregnancy. Despite being merely 16, she went ahead and delivered her baby girl, Maddie, in June 2008. She took a hiatus from her acting career to take care of her little one.In April 2010, she moved from Liberty, Mississippi to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her long desired music career. She began working on a country music album with a number of local music producers.On November 7, 2011, she held a small concert at the Rutledge in Nashville in which she performed a set of original songs.In November 2013, Jamie Lynn Spears released her debut single ‘How Could I Want More’ from her upcoming debut album. The song debuted at number 29 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs. The intensely personal lyrics mixed with a simple song production made the song a major hit. In 2014, she released an EP called ‘The Journey’.Together with Jana Kramer, she co-wrote the song ‘I Got the Boy’. The song, which was released as the second single from ‘Thirty One’ in 2015 was amazingly successful and received RIAA’s Gold Certification in February 2016.On March 15, 2016, she performed at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. She was introduced by her two older siblings, Britney and Bryan, who made surprise appearances at the show. Following this, on June 24, 2016, Jamie Lynn Spears released her second single, ‘Sleepover’.Major Works
- The magnum opus of Jamie Lynn Spears early career came with the 2005 series ‘Zoey 101’. A self-scripted series, she played the role of the protagonist Zoey Brooks. On its premiere, the series became the network’s highest rated series premiere in over eight years. The fourth and last season of the series ended on May 2, 2008.The second innings of her career struck a high note with her debut single ‘How Could I Want More’ in November 2013. The song debuted at number 29 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs and was a major hit.Awards & Achievements
- In 2005, Jamie Lynn Spears won the Young Hollywood Awards for the category ‘One to Watch - Female’.In 2006, she won the Kids' Choice Awards Favorite TV Actress for ‘Zoey 101’. Following year, she received Kids' Choice Awards Germany Best Actress for ‘Zoey 101’.In 2006 and 2007, she won Young Artist Awards Best Young Ensemble Performance In A TV Series (Comedy or Drama) for ‘Zoey 101’.Personal Life & Legacy
- In December 2007, Jamie Lynn Spears announced her pregnancy by her then boyfriend, Casey Aldridge, in an interview with OK! Magazine. The duo had been dating for two years. The news created a major controversy as Jamie was only 16 then, two years below the California age of consent. She recalls that ‘the world came crashing down’ for her with the news. Though taken aback, she held her ground and braved all scornful comments to deliver her baby girl, Maddie Brian Aldridge, on June 19, 2008 in McComb, Mississippi.In March 2008, she confirmed her engagement to Aldridge. The couple moved back to Liberty, Mississippi where they purchased a house. However, the duo called off their engagement in March 2009.Thereafter she entered into a relationship with Jamie Watson, who the owner of communications service Advanced Media Partners. After two years of on-and-off dating, they announced their engagement in March 2013 and got married in 2014.
See the events in life of Jamie Lynn Spears in Chronological Order
People Also ViewedAlso Listed In20th Century | 21st Century | American Singers | American Film & Theater Personalities | American Actresses | 20th Century Singers | 20th Century Film & Theater Personalities | 20th Century Actresses | 21st Century Singers | 21st Century Film & Theater Personalities | 21st Century Actresses | 20th Century American Singers | 20th Century American Film & Theater Personalities | 21st Century American Singers | 21st Century American Film & Theater Personalities