Farrah Abraham is an American reality television personality, best known as the break-out star of the MTV reality series '16 and Pregnant' from its first season. Following the public attention she earned, she became a main cast in the follow-up reality TV series, 'Teen Mom', which ran successfully for four seasons straight and was later revived under the title 'Teen Mom OG'. She has also appeared on the VH1 show 'Couples Therapy'. She gained negative publicity for being featured on a couple of sex-tapes, which, it was later revealed, she herself made and sold to Vivid Entertainment for money. She considers singing as her hobby and has released a studio album and a music video so far. Passionate about cooking, she turned "momtrepreneur" with her Hot Pepper Italian sauce 'Mom & Me'. Following her 'Teen Mom' success, she released a memoir titled 'My Teenage Dream Ended' which was featured on 'The New York Times Best Seller' list. She has also released a children's book titled 'Passy Perfume' and a set of three books that she defined as "erotic romance trilogy".
- Farrah Lynn Abraham was born on May 31, 1991 in Omaha, Nebraska. She was raised in Council Bluffs, Iowa, by her parents Debra Danielson and Michael Abraham, who later divorced in 2010.She had a rough childhood and a troubled relationship with her parents. They would often beat her with a belt, leaving cuts, bruises and scars.She started dating Derek Underwood in 2006 and became pregnant in early 2008, at the age of 16. The couple separated soon after, but her mother denied her an abortion as it was against her personal beliefs.During her school years, she was a cheerleader and aspired to be a model and a cook. After the news of her pregnancy started to spread, she decided to drop out of school and completed her education at a community college.She was eight months pregnant when her estranged boyfriend died in a car crash on December 28, 2008. She later said that despite their separation, he was her "first love" and her "only true love". On February 23, 2009, she gave birth to their daughter, Sophia Laurent Abraham.Career
- Farrah Abraham appeared on television for the first time on June 18, 2009 in the second episode of the MTV reality show '16 and Pregnant'. She immediately rose to fame sharing her experience of being a teen mom, loss of her on-and-off boyfriend Derek, and the first few months of motherhood.A few months later, she was selected as the main cast of the spin-off series 'Teen Mom', along with other teenage girls who appeared on '16 and Pregnant'. The series documented the first few years of the lives of the casts following motherhood.As she gained fame on television, she decided to pursue her passion for cooking and took a course in culinary arts and management at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale in Florida, in 2011. After earning her degree, she launched the 'Mom & Me' pasta sauce line.She tried her luck as a singer with the release of her debut studio album 'My Teenage Dream Ended' on August 1, 2012. The album was followed by a memoir with the same title, which released on August 14, 2012. The book received mixed reviews, while the album received an overwhelmingly negative response from the critics who even labeled her single 'On My Own' as one of the worst works of pop music ever made.She earned notoriety after Vivid Entertainment released a sex-tape titled 'Farrah Superstar: Backdoor Teen Mom' in April 2013, marketing it as a leaked clip. However, adult star, James Deen, who also appeared on the clip, revealed that both of them were paid by the company for the video. It was later reported that she had earned $1.5 million selling the tape, following which she claimed that she was drugged during this time.Farrah Abraham was selected as a main cast member in the fourth season of the VH1 reality television show 'Couples Therapy' in January 2014. Brian Dawe, who was supposed to appear on the show as her partner, backed out later, revealing that he was paid by her to appear on the show. Consequently, she became the only cast member in the show's history to appear without a partner.Vivid Entertainment released another sex-tape titled 'Farrah 2: Backdoor and More' in February 2014. Considering that she had previously raised accusations of rape, the company stated during a press release that the clip was not 'fake' or 'leaked', but the real deal.In February 2014, the TV special 'Being Farrah' was released as a follow-up to 'Teen Mom'. It was accompanied by special episodes on other 'Teen Mom' casts. The success of these shows prompted the producers to think of reviving the original series. Despite some cast members being against Farrah's inclusion on the show due to her adult film history, she was recast in the revived series 'Teen Mom OG' in 2015.Farrah, who considers music as a hobby, released another single 'Blowin'' in March 2014, accompanied by a music video featuring her daughter. In August 2014, she earned a residency at Palazio's Gentleman's Club in Austin, Texas.She represented the US, appearing on the sixteenth season of British reality television series 'Celebrity Big Brother' on August 27, 2015. After spending 23 days in the house, she was evicted on September 18.Major Works
- Farrah Abraham has been the main cast of the reality TV show 'Teen Mom' in its first four seasons during 2009-12. In 2015, she returned to the rebranded show, 'Teen Mom OG', in its fifth season. The popular show has been renewed for a seventh season in 2017.Personal Life & Legacy
- Farrah Abraham's mother was arrested and charged with assault in January 2010 following an altercation with her which resulted in physical fight, leaving her with multiple cuts to the right side of her mouth. Farrah describes this as a turning point in her life as this was the first time she stood up to stop the physical abuse.Farrah was arrested in Nebraska in March 2013 for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and pleaded guilty in June to avoid jail term. She was sentenced to six months probation, $500 fine, and six months of court-mandated sobriety tests.Following the release of her sex-tape, she told in an interview that she got involved with the wrong type of people during her appearances at strip clubs and porn conventions. Revealing that she had been "drugged and raped more than once" during this period, she said that it was a "very dark time", and the tape ruined her life.Trivia
- Farrah Abraham's memoir, 'My Teenage Dream Ended', made it to 'The New York Times Best Seller' list.
How To CiteArticle Title- Farrah Abraham BiographyAuthor- Editors @ TheFamousPeople.comWebsite Name- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- May 10, 2017
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Farrah AbrahamPrevious NextImage Credithttps://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Farrah-Abraham-Hair-Makeup-2017-MTV-Movie-TV-Awards-43511542Image Credithttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3328253/Farrah-Abraham-shows-ample-cleavage-rock-hard-abs-takes-morning-power-walk-skimpy-workout-gear-Malibu.htmlImage Credithttp://www.celebzz.com/farrah-abraham-at-the-2013-entrepreneurs-on-the-move-awards/Also Listed In