Dylan Sprouse is a young American actor who became famous for his appearance in the comedy film titled ‘Big Daddy’ in which he and his twin brother, Cole, took turns in playing the role of Julian. The twin brothers became even more popular when they took part in the sitcom ‘Suite Life of Jack and Cody’ produced by ‘Disney Channel’ which ran for three years starting from 2005 up to 2008. He has a mixture of Danish, German, Scottish and English ancestry. He has more than 2.1 million followers on Instagram and more than 2.81 million followers on Twitter. Together with his twin brother, Cole, they are referred as the ‘Sprouse brothers’ in the film industry. The Sprouse brothers launched a franchise known as the Sprouse Bros brand, which included a clothing line, book series and magazine, but except for the clothing line, their franchise ended in 2008. The Sprouse brothers were named one the wealthiest children alive in 2007. It was reported that in 2010, they were the highest-paid teenage Disney television actors. According to MSN, the twin brothers became the richest teenage twins in the world by the end of the 2000s.
- Dylan Sprouse was born Dylan Thomas Von Sprouse in Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy on August 4, 1992. He was named after poet, Dylan Thomas.His mother is Melanie Wright and his father is Matthew Sprouse who were both Americans teaching English at a school in Tuscany when he was born.Dylan has a twin brother, Cole Mitchell Sprouse who is younger to him by fifteen minutes.Four months after he and his brother were born, Dylan’s parents moved back to the states and started living in their family house in Long Beach, California.Dylan and his twin brother started appearing in TV commercials advertising diapers from the age of eighteen months under the suggestion of their grandmother Jonine Booth Wright, an actress and a drama teacher during her younger days.They also played the role of Patrick Kelly in the series ‘Grace Under Fire’ produced by ABC when they were kids.Career
- Dylan and his twin brother got their first chance in acting in a film in 1999 when they played the role of Julian in the comedy ‘Big Daddy’. They acted alongside Adam Sandler, who was playing the part of Sonny Koufax, and soon became quite famous as actors at that early age.In 1999 they appeared in a small role in the thriller titled ‘The Astronaut’s Wife’ and later during the early 2000s on different episodes of ‘Mad TV’, ‘The Nightmare Room’ and ‘That ‘70s Show’.He and his brother also appeared in various feature films during this period such as ‘Adam Sandler’s Eight Crazy Nights’ and ‘The Master of Disguise’.In 2001 Dylan did not share the role of Ben Gellar, Ross Gellar’s son in the sitcom ‘Friends’ played by his twin brother, Cole and produced by NBC.They also appeared in the films ‘Just for Kicks’ and ‘Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus’ which were made especially for distribution through DVDs.The biggest break that Dylan and his twin brother got when they were chosen for the ‘Disney Channel’ sitcom ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody’. They appeared in all the episodes of this sitcom which ran from 2005 to 2008.In 2005 the huge popularity of the twins led them open up franchises for a clothing line, a magazine and a book series under the ‘Sprouse Bros’ brand name after signing an agreement with ‘Dualstar Entertainment’. By 2008 all of the franchises except the clothing line had shut down.In March 2006, the film ‘The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things’ was released with Dylan and his twin brother playing the role of Jeremiah. The production of the film had started way back in 2004 but the release was delayed.The two brothers were next seen in the film ‘A Modern Twain Story: The Prince and the Pauper’ which received a moderate rating from critics.The brothers lent their voices to an animation film titled ‘Holidaze: The Christmas That Almost Didn’t Happen’ where the female voices were lent by Emily Osment and Brenda Song.The sitcom ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody’ was given a new name ‘The Suite Life on Deck’ and was remade starring Dylan and Cole. This sitcom was highly popular among the teenagers and children of all ages throughout 2008 and 2009. The sitcom ended in May 2011.In 2009 Dylan and his brother also appeared in another stage performance titled ‘The Kings of Appletown’ which was an adaptation of the book ‘The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’.In 2009, the twins started work on the film ‘Sivilized’ which a modern adaptation of the book ‘Huckleberry Finn’ but the brothers withdrew before it was completed as they thought that they were no longer suitable for doing the role.During 2009 and 2010 they appeared in advertisements for ‘Dannon Danimals’ which is a French company making food-products.Dylan and his twin brother entered into a deal with ‘Nintendo DS’ in August 2010 for endorsement of their products.In March 2011 Dylan and his brother appeared in a movie titled ‘The Suite Life Movie’ adapted from the ‘Suite Life for Zack & Cody’ series.In 2012 Dylan and his family moved from Long Beach to Calabasas in California after buying a house with some of the money he had earned from acting and they still live there.Because of an unfortunate incident Dylan and his brother were not able to get work in the industry for some time. So they decided to stay away from the film industry temporarily and joined the New York University in 2010. They deferred attending classes until 2011 and graduated from the ‘Gallatin School of Individualized Study’ in May 2015 with honors.After finishing university Dylan and Cole are planning to restart their acting career but have decided to go individually to break away from the image they had created as child actors, acting for the same character in the film.Dylan has been giving his comments on a few ‘Super Smash Bros’ tournaments since 2014.At the beginning of 2017 Dylan announced that he is setting up a brewery in Brooklyn, New York with the help of partners.Awards & Achievements
- Dylan and his twin brother Cole won nominations for the film ‘Big Daddy’ but were unable to win the award.Their picture was printed on the cover of the ‘People magazine’ which was published in May 2009 which also had eighty pages describing the film ‘The Suite Life on Deck’ and the work done by the twin brothers.Dylan and Cole were appointed as the ‘International Ambassadors’ for the ‘Koymada Foundation’ and travelled to Japan.Personal Life & Legacy
- Dylan Sprouse has been dating model Dayna Frazer though his fans suspect that they have broken up.Dylan was embroiled in a controversy when he sent some nude photos to a lady friend over the mobile. Unfortunately the photos went online and it cost him his good image in the industry. His brother came in his support and after this incident he and his brother were shunned by the Hollywood film industry for some time.He was also criticized for spending all the money he had earned from the ‘Suite Life of Jack & Cody’ show when he was found to be working as a waiter in a restaurant in New York. In his defense he said that he had not lost all his money but was trying to earn something extra while doing some socializing.Net Worth
- For every episode of ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody’ Dylan and his twin brother were paid $20,000 each which soon made them the richest child actors in the industry by 2010.Trivia
- The Dylan family has three dogs named Bubba, Pinky and Curry.
How To CiteArticle Title- Dylan Sprouse BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- February 28, 2017
People Also ViewedAlso Listed In