- Theater World award
- Obie Award
Adam Pascal is one of the most talented and versatile artists that America has produced. Adam was a fan of guitar and rock music since his younger days, a trait which has been common amongst most youngsters of his age. However, unlike many of his talented musician contemporaries, Pascal’s interest was not just limited to music. In fact, he is popular for his role as an HIV infected guitarist called Roger Davis in the 1996 musical ‘Rent’. Pascal even apparently said that it was this musical which drew his interest towards acting, and realized that when both these forms of art are combined the result would turn out to be a masterpiece. Since then Pascal has proved his acting prowess in quite a few movies and even a television show named ‘Cold Case’. Though he was seen in roles of less significance in a few of them, Adam has still managed to secure a place in the hearts of the audiences. However, Pascal didn’t forget his first love, music. He has quite a few music albums to his credit, and has mesmerized crowds at different venues through his music, something which he continues to do even today.
- Adam Pascal was born on October 25, 1970 to mother Wendy in Bronx county of New York. He was raised in Long Island by his stepfather Mel Seamon and mother Wendy.Pascal completed his primary education from the Syosset High school. His other batch mates included the now famous actress Natalie Portman, and other celebrities such as Idina Menzel and Judd Appatow.Like most music loving youngsters of his time, Adam too was drawn towards rock music. He became a part of few bands, but soon his interest turned towards musical theatre.Career
- The milestone of Adam’s career came in the form of the 1996 musical called ‘Rent’. Adam grabbed this opportunity after he was told about an audition by his friend. Adam was selected by the judges, and played the role of Roger Davis.Adam made his acting debut through a less significant role in the 1999 comedy drama movie 'SLC Punk'.His popularity fetched Adam another opportunity in the form of the musical called ‘Aida’. This show, which premiered in the year 2000, gave Adam a chance to work with the musical legend Elton John. The same year also saw the release of Adam’s debut album ‘Model Prisoner’ which was released by the music label ‘Sh-K Records’.Adam participated in several musicals like ‘Chess’, ‘Hair’, and ’24 Hour Plays’ respectively in the first half of the 2000s. All these performances were done for charity.In 2003, Adam appeared in another forgettable role in the film 'School of Rock'. The next year he starred in a musical 'Temptations' in which he played a pivotal role. The music of 'Temptations' was recorded live during the shoot, unlike most other musicals of those days.2004 turned out to be a fruitful year in Adam’s career. This year saw the release of Pascal’s second album ‘Civilian’, and the actor in him returned to ‘Aida’.Adam ventured into television through his role as Dennis Hofferman, in the American television series ‘Cold Case’. Pascal appeared in just one episode of this Police Procedural drama series, which was aired in 2006.In the same year, Adam formed a band with Larry Edoff named ‘Me and Larry’. After performing together at several venues, the band released their first album titled ‘Blinding Light’ two years later.One of the major breakthroughs of Adam's career as an actor was his role in the independent movie 'Goyband'. This comedy film revolved around the life of a leading musician of a boy band, where Adam played the lead role. ‘Goyband’ was screened at various film festivals, mostly in 2008. The name of the movie was later changed to 'Falling Star' by the distributor who bought it.Major Works
- Though Adam has been a part of various musicals, movies, and television shows, he will be best remembered for his role as Roger in the musical ‘Rent’. The success of the show also paved way for a movie with the same name, which released in 2005. Even in the feature film version, Adam reprised his role of the HIV positive musician.Awards & Achievements
- Adam was nominated in the ‘Best Actor’ category for his role in the 1996 musical ‘Rent’, at the Broadway’s ‘Tony Awards’.Adam won the ‘Theatre World’ and ‘Obie’ awards for his memorable role in this hit musical.Personal Life & Legacy
- Adam Pascal got married in 1998 to Cybele Chivian. Cybele’s father works at the ‘Harvard Medical School’, where he is the Director of the Center for Health and the Global Environment.Adam and Cybele are blessed with two boys named Montgomery Lovell and Lennon Jay.Trivia
- Pascal is apparently a huge fan of the famous musician Billy Joel.It is said that while working on ‘Rent’, Adam closed his eyes frequently while singing, something which the producers of the musical were unhappy about, and warned the man repeatedly about it.
How To CiteArticle Title- Adam Pascal BiographyAuthor- Editors @ TheFamousPeople.comWebsite Name- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- January 13, 2015
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Adam PascalPrevious NextImage Credithttp://www.theday.com/article/20150129/ENT10/301299679Image Credithttp://www.danspapers.com/2014/09/adam-pascal-plays-songbook-salon-at-southampton-arts-center/Image Credithttps://charlottemusiclessons.wordpress.com/2014/09/26/adam-pascal-workshop-at-charlotte-academy-of-music/Also Listed In